Thursday, January 01, 2009

2008 Year In Review

My sister somehow managed to gank this from me before I even did it this year! Enjoy:

01 What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Enjoyed seafood.


02 Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more?
I think the one resolution I made last year was to blog more often, and I failed miserably. No resolutions for me this year! None!


03 Did anyone close to you give birth?
Jay's cousin Rebecca & her husband Stephen brought Charlotte into the world. She's pretty cool.


04 Did anyone close to you die?
A beautiful man named Richard Scofield passed away in November.


05 What countries did you visit?
Just the USA.


06 What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
My answer to this question is always more money. I realize that may seem a bit materialistic of me, but here's the deal: We (Jay & I) really don't have that much of it. What little we do have is earmarked for the wedding. We'd both like to be able to plan for something beyond the wedding. So, yes, we'd like more money.


07 What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I had my gall bladder surgery on October 17th.


08 What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Recovering from #7.


09 What was your biggest failure?
See #2.


10 Did you suffer illness or injury?
See #7.


11 What was the best thing you bought?
A Wii!


14 Where did most of your money go?
Rent


15 What did you get really, really, really excited about?
See #11.


16 What song will always remind you of 2008?
I'm Yours by Jason Mraz


17 Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder - about the same
older or wiser - probably just older
thinner or fatter? - thinner
richer or poorer? - richer...but it's all spoken for


18 What do you wish you'd done more of?
Sleeping


19 What do you wish you'd done less of?
Working


20 How will you be spending Christmas?
We spent Christmas Eve with Jay's family in Toledo & Christmas Day with my family in Ashtabula...so the bulk of Christmas was spent in the car.


22 Did you fall in love in 2008?
Continually


23 How many one-night stands?
None, thanks.


24 What was your favorite TV program?
I'm still torn between Chuck & Pushing Daisies


25 Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hate is an icky word. I don't really use it.


26 What was the best book you read?
Paper Towns by John Green


27 What was your greatest musical discovery?
Duffy


28 What did you want and get?
Lot's of stuff, but to avoid going on and on about the wii, I'll give a shout out to the Samuel Adams Limited Edition Chocolate Bock. Mmmm...smooth!!!


29 What did you want and not get?
See #6


30 What was your favorite film of this year?
The Dark Knight


31 What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I went to work then came home and went out to dinner with Jay & my parents, who were in town to help me through the next day's surgery. I turned...gulp...34.


32 What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More time with the people I love.


33 How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Sale Rack


34 What kept you sane?
Jay


35 Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Ewan McGregor didn't really do anything notable this year...so I'm gonna have to change it up. How about Jason Statham (Crank, the Transporter, Death Race, etc.)? Yeah, I think he'll do.


36 What political issue stirred you the most?
Proposition 8 - WTF California?!? Seriously - WTF!


37 Who did you miss?
Family members...those who've passed away as well as those I just don't get to see enough.


38 Who was the best new person you met?
Rebecca, my partner in crime at work.


39 Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
Renter's Insurance is a good thing.


40 Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"Only thing I ever could need, only one good thing worth trying to be and it's Love" (Sara Bareilles - Bottle It Up)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the pics you chose! So cute! I particularly like the "picnic supplies" pic.

My "song of the year" was a toss-up between the one I chose and the one you chose.

And...I love that pic of you and me! It's perfect!

Much love - and perhaps a resolution that I didn't put on my blog that I should have is to keep in better touch with you...annoying texts and all!


--Suzanne