Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Accio Young Adulthood

So the press seems to be going a little wild over the three main members of the Harry Potter cast and how much they've grown, as evidenced by the photos taken at the London premiere of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

I'm having trouble figuring out the big deal. They really don't look any older or more sophisticated to me than they did at the premiere for the Order of the Phoenix.

There was, however, one young actor that caused a jaw dropping double-take for me. (Seriously, I nearly spit out my yogurt this morning. I'm only slightly embarrassed to admit that to you all.) It was Matthew Lewis.

Remember pudgy, clumsy, forgetful, dopey Neville Longbottom?


Take a look at him now:


I know, right? Now that's a transformation. He's like a beacon of hope for awkward adolescents everywhere. Yes kids, you too can grow out of your chipmunk cheeks and into sharp designer suits. All you have to do is...well...I don't know exactly what he did. But I imagine the Potter paychecks probably didn't hinder the process.

No comments: