Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Funny Double Standard

There's a rumor swirling around the internet that Casey Wilson was fired from SNL for failing to lose 30 pounds over their summer hiatus.

Casey Wilson is not an unattractive woman. She's certainly curvier than other women who have been and are currently in the cast, but I'm sure there are plenty of men out there who believe she's easy on the eyes.

See:



But, for just a moment, let's go beyond her looks...



...guys?



Oh come on! I'm trying to make a point here!



That's better.
Anyways, what I was trying to say, is that people don't tune in to SNL with the hopes of becoming aroused. They tune in to laugh. So why would Casey Wilson need to lose 30 pounds to do that? What the crap does being a stick have to do with being funny? I really don't know. Maybe one of these guys could shed some light on the topic:



Hmmm...nope...they all seem to be blocking the light with their excessively large frames.

So, here's the deal. If good ol' Lorne just didn't think Casey had the comedic chops to remain in the cast, that's one thing. But if he fired her simply because she's a bit on the voluptuous side, that's just plain despicable.

If there was any way to prove the rumor, I'd probably choose to stop tuning in. Thank God there's not, because they're re-running one of the Justin Timberlake episodes tonight!

No comments: