I'm doing laundry today.
When we first moved into this apartment, I was excited because the laundry facilities are actually in the building. In BG I had to pack everything into my car and lug it all to a laundromat where I would occupy an entire section of the place for the better part of a Saturday morning. Now I can just take a load down one flight of stairs and I'm good to go.
But months of pumping quarters into the pretty much useless dryer have made the excitement die off. And the sad thing is, we have washer/dryer hookups in our apartment. And we have had more than one offer from people who have somehow fallen into the situation of having an extra set on hand that they're willing to let us have at no cost. But we don't have the room! Bringing in a washer and dryer would mean losing our pantry. And we all know Jay would not be able to live without the pantry. I don't think I could live without it either. So we're left with rolled quarters and a drying rack lined hallway. (Because I'll be damned if I'm sending those towels or jeans or whatever else through more than one dryer cycle!)
Ah, what's a young couple with too much shit to do?
No comments:
Post a Comment