01 What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
Jay and I created an awesome wedding cake for Brendon and Samantha.

02 Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more?
Can’t keep ‘em so I don’t make ‘em. Ever.

03 Did anyone close to you give birth?
Lot’s of people I stay in touch with via Facebook were blessed with little ones this year, but nobody "close."

04 Did anyone close to you die?
Not that I’m aware of. And I suppose “close” implies that I’d know it if they kicked it, so I should probably amend that to no.

05 What countries did you visit?
Yeah, have we met? I don’t get out much.

06 What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
I don’t want to talk about it.
07 What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
We moved out of our tiny apartment and into our excessive house on July 2nd.

08 What was your biggest achievement of the year?
We moved out of our tiny apartment and into our excessive house on July 2nd.

09 What was your biggest failure?
The landscaping, which is still a touchy subject, so let’s just move along, shall we?

10 Did you suffer illness or injury?
Meh. Some ongoing issues related to my GERD. Pretty sexy stuff, really.

11 What was the best thing you bought?
Our new washer & dryer…out of necessity…not greed.

12 Where did most of your money go?
Away

13 What did you get really, really, really excited about?
We moved out of our tiny apartment and into our excessive house on July 2nd.

14 What song will always remind you of 2011?
I’ll Be Home for Christmas – She & Him. This was the first year we’ve been able to host a holiday party as well as a portion of our family Christmas festivities at our own place.

15 Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder? Happier
older or wiser? Shut up.
thinner or fatter? Shut up.
richer or poorer? Shut up.

16 What do you wish you'd done more of?
Snuggling

17 What do you wish you'd done less of?
Working

18 Did you fall in love in 2011?
Daily

19 What was your favorite TV program?
The Walking Dead

20 Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
The only thing I actually hate is this question. Because it assumes that it’s acceptable to feel hatred for other people. I don’t hate anyone. And you can believe that because I’m not competing in a beauty pageant or running for office.
I’m not, however, immune to being annoyed by others. And this year I’ve been most annoyed by people who are either unable or unwilling to learn from their own mistakes.

21 What was the best book you read?
I must confess that I’ve been really enjoying the Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella.

22 What was your greatest musical discovery?
I make very few musical discoveries without the help of Jay. But I’m very glad he introduced me to the Fitz and the Tantrums this year.

23 What did you want and get?
Oh, did I tell you guys about the house yet???

24 What did you want and not get?
Isn’t this just a rephrasing of question 06? Nice try, survey, but I’m too smart to fall for that one.

25 What was your favorite film of this year?
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2

26 What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
The weekend of my birthday was also the same weekend as Brendon & Samantha’s wedding and Jay & I’s 2nd anniversary. I had cake. Lot’s of it.

27 What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Still unlimited income

28 How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Still thriftily feminine

29 What kept you sane?
Still Jay

30 Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Maddie Hawes (The dog - not the dude!)

31 What political issue stirred you the most?
For the sake of civility, I choose not discuss politics with those that I love…and if you’re reading this blog, I totally love you, so I’m not going to answer this one.
32 Who did you miss?
My sister. Though I will admit that we did manage to get in a whole bunch of face time right at the end of the year!

33 Who was the best new person you met?
Denny Hammack. Those of you who work with me may want to accuse me of kissing up. And those of you that don't work with me would say the same when you learned that Denny is one of the new owners of my company. But if you step back and really think about it, the world would be a much better place if everybody was a little more like Denny. The man simply oozes awesome. Since it's weird to post a picture of one of your bosses, I'll post a picture of Stuffey instead.

34 Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again. (Shut the Hell up Yoda - I know what I'm talking about on this one.)

35 Quote a song lyric that sums up your year
“You may ask yourself, well, how did I get here?”

Happy New Year!!!
1 comment:
Aw, shucks, Sis!!! I miss you too...but we've found the drive really isn't that terribly long...perhaps on some other upcoming long weekends, we can visit, or you can visit, or we could meet halfway! (Dangit, now I have that stupid Kenny Loggins song from and even more stupid Sylvester Stallone movie running through my head...)
Anywhoo-let's hang more often!
Post a Comment