Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Do You Ever Get the Feeling That Your Hands Are Made of Sand?

Wow...it looks like I haven't blogged in over a month.
Let's see if I can bring you all up to speed on everything that's happened since I last checked in:

I've healed quite nicely from the gall bladder surgery - I'm back to eating & drinking in excess (but not too much in excess...I do have a wedding coming up you know) and I really am feeling like myself again.



Speaking of the wedding, the designer of my gown folded. And by folded, I don't mean they folded the gown and gave it a nasty crease - I mean they went out of business. Luckily, I hadn't actually ordered the gown yet because I want to be a little thinner before I commit to a size (believe me - every inch of fabric counts). But, the dress I had my heart (and budget) set on is no longer an option. That sucks.



In an ironic twist, the apartment leasing office, which has banned propane grills from our individual balconies because we're essentially all too stupid to use them safely, nearly burned to the ground because...well...they decided to turn on the heat for the season.



My sweetie survived a dramatic Swedish cleansing ritual called matförgiftning. Yeah, you don't want to try this one at home. Well, you don't want to try this one in public either. Look - just avoid that crap at all costs, kay?

Which brings us to Thanksgiving. My parents are celebrating in Ashtabula. My sister is celebrating with Greg & Claire at home. Jay and I are traveling up to Toledo to celebrate with his family. Wherever you go and whoever you're with, have a great day! And be glad you're not invited to this party:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that pic of you with the coffee cup. You look great - and, well, you know how I feel about coffee.

Glad you're back to your normal snarky self. Sad that Jay went through a purification rite unwillingly. Sad your wedding dress supplier went belly-up. Glad your whole apartment complex didn't burn to a crisp. Glad you're gonna have a great T-Day...and I'm not a big SNL fan, but I'm glad they at least remember who Vincent Price was...kinda. Love ya Sis!

--Suzanne