Monday, March 16, 2009

Everything's All White Now

Ugh. I'm a terrible blogger. I don't know whether it's time or inspiration that I'm lacking, but I do know I should be writing more often. So, here's a li'l update.

For the past few weeks, Jay and I have been working feverishly on switching the bedroom & office around. It sounds like a simple project, but you have no idea how much stuff we have piled in this tiny apartment. Shuffling it all around from one room to the other actually meant shuffling the office stuff into the living room, then shuffling the bedroom stuff into what was the office, then shuffling the office stuff into what was the bedroom...all the while setting items aside for Goodwill and the dumpster. It wound up being a much larger project than we had anticipated, but we're pretty happy with the end result - an all white bedroom with just a few black accents...and NO clutter!



We got it done just in time to show it off to my parents, who stopped over Friday night on their way down to Florida to visit with Sam and Connie. Jay got to surprise Mom with his own Chicken Paprikash-like recipe. Mom had this dish at one of Dad's Lion's Club conventions years ago and has never been able to find a comparable recipe. It's definitely one of the best Chicken dishes I've ever devoured.



We're still working on the wedding plans. I've officially moved from "Oh-It'll-All-Come-Together-When-It's-Time" mode to "Holy-Eff-We've-Only-Got-7-Months-Everybody-Panic"! I got sick of the non-functionality of the free wedding websites out there and decided to throw my own together on Blogger. The new site not only lets me show off the fun details...like the members of the wedding party (well, at least those that we've asked, ahem) and the gift registry...but also gives me a place to write about the plans and how they're coming together. Now anyone who really wants to know all the ins and outs can read to their heart's content. And I'll certainly feel better unloading this crap from my head every few days or so! Oh yeah, and I suppose it will give us something to look back on in years to come...nostalgia...whimsy...yada yada yada. If you're interested, click HERE.

Not much else to write about at the moment...so I guess I'll move along.

No comments: