Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Don't You Know That Time Is Not My Friend

Four months from today, I'm getting married.

Holy shit! Four months from today, I'm getting married!

It's not actually a surprise to me, it just looks so scary once it's out there in print. So yeah, I've got a lot of stuff to do. Mostly boring, detail, listy stuff.

Right about now, though, I wish we had more friends in Cincinnati. So we could host a "bottle collar" party. Don't go looking that up on the Urban Dictionary, it's not at all risque...it would really just involve a bunch of us sitting around making these all day:



They're beaded "collars" for our table centerpieces. They're not difficult...just time consuming.

And those aren't the only things that need to be handmade. This truly is turning out to be a DIY wedding. I'm making the bouquets, the boutonnieres, the pew decorations and the altar decorations. Jay's making the cake and putting a lot of work into the ceremony music. We're both working on the favors, the desserts and a playlist for the reception. We really are doing it all ourselves.

And I'm not complaining. I honestly wouldn't have it any other way. I love that so much of who we are, both as individuals and as a couple, is going into this. So many weddings seem to only reflect how much money the couple sank into them. Ours will simply reflect us.

I'm so proud of that..and excited!
Guess I'd better get to work!

1 comment:

Rich Walkup said...

You know when Juli and I got married, almost everything was made by us or friends and family and I wouldn't trade that for a fancy wedding for anything - especially now looking back 16 years later. Just remember it will still be special 20 years later even if you end up in a second-hand dress with a cracker jack ring in front of the justice of the peace. What's important is what's in your heart.