That's not to say I don't I care about my appearance. I do have the good sense to check the mirror before I go out and subject myself to the eye of the public. But I really don't care about who designed my dress, or my shoes or my bag.
Does it fit? Check. Is everything that should be covered covered? Check.
Does my butt look too big? Check. (Ideally the answer would be "Nope" but, if I'm being honest with myself, the answer to that question is always yes. I reserve my unrealistic expectations for people - not fabric.)
So yeah, I wouldn't know a Jimmy Choo peep toe if it whacked me in the head and I don't carry a Vera Bradley handbag. In fact, I'll never carry a Vera Bradley handbag. If I want to display my great grandmother's quilt, I'll lay it out at the foot of my bed - not shape it into a miniature backpack and tote it around town on my forearm. Thanks.
And if you ever catch me wearing something like this ridiculous accessory...

...you might as well just use it as a bullseye and shoot me in the head.
But, I digress. I'm not really here to trash-talk what everybody else is wearing. I really just want to point out that having a closet full of items that are so last season shouldn't make me less valid as a person.
I'm cute. I'm smart. Sometimes I'm even funny. Should it really matter if I bought my shirt on the sales rack at Old Navy? On the men's side? (Oh yes...yes I did.) No, dammit! It shouldn't!
And it doesn't. At least not to me. Because, as I said before, I'm just not that trendy.
4 comments:
I am not good at trends. It's funny you should post this because I was watching the news this morning and they were talking about neons coming back. YIKES!
Oh no. Not again!
I'm not trendy either, although I've threatened to come into work wearing one of those Paris headbands just for giggles.
How fun is your blog, Andi?!?
We may need to stay in contact - I'm pretty much crafting my entire wedding. You could be a very valuable resource! Plus - you're fun!
Thanks for the comment!
Post a Comment