Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Only Love

Love.
It’s over-used.
I love this song.
I love that movie.
I love that guy at the coffee shop – he’s so funny.
Love.
We toss it around like a, an or the.
It’s become part of everyday speech.
And it’s left me with nothing to say.

I love this song –
but it doesn’t make me feel as though my heart may burst.

I love that movie –
but it’s not so beautiful that my eyes well up with tears when I see it.

I love that guy at the coffee shop –
but laughing at his jokes has never given me the irrepressible desire to kiss him until the moon is replaced by the sun.

Only you make me laugh, cry, burst at the seams all at once.
Only you deserve that over-used word.
Only you.

I love only you.

No comments: