It's been a strange week.
I had to say goodbye to a really great guy. (He lost his job.)
Another really great guy had to say goodbye to his father. (He collapsed and died while helping to set up a polling location.)
A really great girl got some awful news about a beloved pet. (Nibbles has breast cancer.)
And yet another really great guy dealt with something so awful that I still can't wrap my head around it. (He had to assist in the recovery of the body of a co-worker that was buried alive in an avalanche of grain.)
I realize that none of this shit happened to me. But it's not right for me to sit here and count my own blessings when I know people I care about are really struggling. So if you've got a kind heart, please send your prayers or blessings or good karma or mojo or whatever you believe in to Tony, Steve, Libby & BJ. I think they could use all the positive vibes they can get.
Thanks.
No comments:
Post a Comment