Saturday, November 18, 2006

Wanna Goetta Pizza??

Last night's show was fantastic. Even from the shittiest seats I've ever had at a BNL show, it was fantastic. Even though surrounded by drunken Kentuckians, it was fantastic. Did I mention it was fantastic?

Some Highlights:

They played Sound of Your Voice which is most definitely my favorite track on BLAM, quite possibly my favorite BNL track of all time. So I had a little happy stompy moment when it started and everyone around me looked at me like I was crazy. Yeah, most people in the nosebleed section were there for One Week. They were Stunties. I was literally the only person up there who knew most of the words to every song.

They improv-ed at length about Goetta, from which was born my subject line. They were discussing all of it's many uses and Ed said something like "I hear it's good on pizza. In fact, I think that all came about from a misunderstanding. Someone said 'Wanna goetta pizza?' " To which Steve added "Well, I have some right here, so why not?" (Please bear in mind...that quotes are not word for word. It was often difficult to hear during the improv moments, so I pieced it together the best I could.)

Box Set was so great! Especially Steve's extended ending "I hope you enjo-o-oh-ah-oh-ah-oh-ah-ohhhhhh.....oi"

They played Light Up My Room, which I believe is one of my friend Kellie's favorite BNL songs, so I gave Matt & Kellie some very brief phone love on their answering machine.

When the jumbo-tron cam focused on Kevin during his Pinch Me guitar solo, Jay turned to me and said, "With all that shit on his face, he looks just like Ewan McGregor in Episode II. Use the Force, Hearn! Yeah, from now on I'm calling him Obi-Wan."

The Angry People choreography was hilarious! And from where I was sitting, it really did look like they each got the shit kicked out of them. And while they were frozen at the end, someone actually managed to lob a boquet right into Ed's hand. Great moment!

Ed couldn't get through One Week because he caught sight of a really really tall man dancing and a really really short man trying to see around him and could not stop laughing.

Two encores! Yay!

I'm sure there was a lot more of note to mention, but since I'm not THE blogger, I didn't feel obligated to remember everything. Although I do have one personal highlight to share:

There was a red-haired, morbidly obese guy in the row ahead of us who looked eerily like my ex-husband. In fact, until they brought up the lights between Mike Doughty's set and BNL, I was almost certain he was my ex-husband. While relieved to find out it wasn't him, I couldn't help but take a teensy amount of pleasure in watching him (while staggering down the steps to get himself yet another beer) fall flat on his ass! I mean, he completely wiped out.
I'm not ashamed to admit it - that was a happy moment in Kerrie-Land.

No comments: