Friday, December 22, 2006

Me? Stressed? No. What Makes You Say That?

I'm done with work until January 2nd. Yay! That should make me feel all warm and relaxed inside. But instead, I'm freaking out about everything I still have to get done (and didn't get done) for Christmas.

Let's start with the things I didn't get done:
Christmas Cards. We bought 'em. We sat over breakfast one fine Saturday morning and made the list of lucky recipients. We never mailed 'em. So, if you were expecting a card from us, sorry. We suck. But you'll probably get one next year!

On to the things I still have to get done:
I'm in the process of working on a "handmade" gift for Jay's mom. Don't worry it's not some lame clay sculpted ash tray or loom weaved potholder. It's nice. But it's still not done. And we leave for Toledo tomorrow.

I'm making Claire's gift, too. Also not lame. But not even begun yet. It's quick...so it will come together pretty nicely, but I may have to work on it while entertaining my parents tonight.

Cleaning the apartment. It looks good right now because Jay really kicked the living room's ass last night, but I'd like to make the dining room table accessible and right now it's not.

Wrapping gifts. This is the reason I want the dining room table to be accessible. Not for eating. For wrapping!

Shopping. There's still one last thing I need to buy to make Jay's stuff complete and we still need to pick up something for his grandmother, because our original plan fell through. Oh, and we have to pick up some ingredients for Puerco Pibil. (Jay's making it at Sue, Greg & Claire's place on the 27th.)

Laundry. This process could go a lot faster if the damned dryer worked. But it doesn't. And instead of repairing the dryer, they raised the price. Yeah. Now it costs even more for a pile of wet clothes. So I'm boycotting the dryer. Which means all the stuff has to hang on drying racks in our hallway for at least 24 hours before it's done. But because I'm in a time crunch today, I may have to cave and use the dryer. I guess I'm not a very good protestor.

I think that about sums it up. Now that I've got it all out there, in checklist form, it doesn't look so bad. But I've still got to get my ass in gear, so, if I don't post between now and the 25th, Merry Christmas to you all!!!

No comments: