Sunday, January 21, 2007

Hey Look Dave, It's Snowing!!!

I tried to go to church this morning. Really. I did. I got up at 6:45. I took a shower. I got all gussied up. I cleaned off my car. I pulled out onto Woodridge Blvd. and completely lost control of the back end of my car. I got it together and started putzing down the road when a visualization of the church parking lot popped into my head. The parking lot that sits at the top of a very steep hill. It occurred to me that, if I lost control after the minor incline between my own parking lot and the street, I would probably kill myself or someone else trying to get into my church parking lot. So, I gave up. I slid into the neighboring apartment complex, fishtailed my way through that parking lot, came inches away from crashing into a parking lean to, found my way to where their parking lot connects to mine and went straight back home. Home is where I was meant to be today. So home is where I stayed.

And on an aside note. I don't know how much more of this BNL cruise talk I can handle. I'm happy for everyone that got to go. I think it's just grand. But I'm getting a really creepy "Steven Page and I are the bestest of freinds now because we spent time together on a cruise ship" vibe that makes me a little bit uncomfortable. Enough already people! You're all turning into that Chris Farley sketch from Saturday Night Live. The one where he gets to interview famous people and never has any actual questions:

"Hey, Steve Page. Remember that time you and the other guys in the band all got together and went on a cruise with a bunch of your fans? Remember that? Yeah. That was awesome."

No comments: