Saturday, February 23, 2008

Innocent Phrases That Are Pretty Damned Funny When Taken Out of Context

Jay and I decided it was time for me to venture outside of the apartment today, after spending the last two days confined to the recliner covered in layers of blankets and the world's laziest cat. So we took a baby step by having lunch at Panera, where I could still take it easy by ordering the soup and a 1/2 sandwich. So yay - I'm out in civilization once again. And I've learned something while watching people and catching snippets of conversation:

Too much time alone with one's thoughts can cause you to revert back to your Jr. High self.

I know this because I just got way too giggly over these phrases that came out of the mouth of the overly chatty lady behind the bakery counter:

"We don't have any muffies left."

"You can smell hers."

"What's new, Pussycat? Woah, woah, woah-oh!"

"You're the only person I know with hair as curly as mine."

"She's flustered because she just took care of a guy over the phone."

"I think they all have nuts."

"It's time consuming because you've got to punch it then let it rise again."


So yeah, I've had an amusing afternoon.
I think I'll go home now and watch the History Channel until I grow up again.

No comments: