Wednesday, February 03, 2010

The World Through Norman Rockwell's Eyes

Google let me know that today was Norman Rockwell's birthday. (Thanks, Google. Do ya think you could also keep me updated with the birthdays of my family members & people I personally know? Oh right, right. That's Facebook's job. Carry on then.)

Anyhow, this news sent me off on a Norman Rockwell image search where I found myself smiling and laughing and even tearing up a bit at the images staring back at me. Norman Rockwell had a way of not only capturing a moment, but also bringing the viewer into the action. With his canvas, paint & brushes, he brought humor to mundane situations. He put human faces on the scorned. He made everyday life something worth noticing.

So, here's one of my favorites from the bunch:



It's been nice viewing the world through Norman Rockwell's eyes today. Maybe I should try it more often.

No comments: