Let's talk about being a bitch.
That may be a cringeworthy word to some, and I apologize if it is. But with the ease and frequency that it has been tossed in my direction, I think the term is more mainstream than our elders would have us believe.
Yes, dear friends, I have been called a bitch.
More times than I'm aware of, I'm sure. And I'd love to be strong and pretend that it doesn't actually hurt. But strength means nothing without a foundation of honesty. And honestly, I just want people to like me. Who doesn't?
But while we're on the subject of honesty, I have to say I think honesty is actually the bitch that got me into this mess. Because it's impossible to be completely honest without meeting some form of resistance along the way.
And, unfortunately, some people place so much weight on being right. All. The. Time. They simply can't accept any opposition. It's much easier to call me a name and write me off than to accept that there may be other valid opinions in this world.
"Agree to disagree? Never. She's just a stupid bitch."
Somewhere along the line it became wrong to say what's on your mind while face-to-face but acceptable to share those thoughts behind another's back. I just can't wrap my head around that concept.
That's probably why I'm such a bitch.

No comments:
Post a Comment