Saturday, January 01, 2011

2010: Year In Review

Oh dearest blog of which I've been so very neglectful...please allow me to humbly re-introduce myself via my yearly tradition - the year in review:

01 What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?

I (successfully) worked with fondant.



02 Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more?

I didn't make any and therefore didn't suffer any disappointment. I like how lack of disappointment feels, so I'm avoiding resolutions once again.



03 Did anyone close to you give birth?

Nope



04 Did anyone close to you die?

Nope



05 What countries did you visit?

Just this one



06 What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?

Motivation



07 What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

October 17th - It was our first anniversary.



08 What was your biggest achievement of the year?

We paid off the VISA card I've had since college!



09 What was your biggest failure?

I really let this blog fall to the wayside.



10 Did you suffer illness or injury?

Nothing major



11 What was the best thing you bought?

My Vera Wang purse



12 Where did most of your money go?

Ugh...rent



13 What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Paying off the Visa



14 What song will always remind you of 2010?

Weezer - I Want You To



15 Compared to this time last year, are you:

happier or sadder? Happier
older or wiser? Older
thinner or fatter? I may have put on just a few pounds over the last year. Thanks for bringing that up.
richer or poorer? Richer I guess



16 What do you wish you'd done more of?

Visiting with family



17 What do you wish you'd done less of?

Procrastinating



18 Did you fall in love in 2010?

Every day



19 What was your favorite TV program?

Archer



20 Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?

Hate is not really a word I like to use in reference to people.
However, I will say I'm not fond of blatant liars.



21 What was the best book you read?

Oh boy. I bought quite a few books but didn't actually manage to make it through any of them. Maybe next year?



22 What was your greatest musical discovery?

Steven Page. Of course I already knew about him, but I didn't know if he could really hold his own without BNL to back him up. He can and does and I couldn't be more pleased.



23 What did you want and get?

A new bed



24 What did you want and not get?

A house



25 What was your favorite film of this year?

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1



26 What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I celebrated my first anniversary on my 36th birthday. (Yes, we celebrated a day early.)



27 What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

I'm just going to stick with last year's answer: unlimited income



28 How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?

Keeping last year's answer on this one too: thriftily feminine



29 What kept you sane?

I'm pretty sure the answer to this will always be Jay.



30 Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

Simon Pegg



31 What political issue stirred you the most?

Can I just say "blatant lying" and leave it at that?



32 Who did you miss?

My parents...it really felt like I didn't see them enough this year.



33 Who was the best new person you met?

This is just a snarky way to get me to admit that I need to get out more, isn't it?



34 Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.

In the immortal words of Ferris Bueller: "Life moves pretty fast - if you're not paying attention, you could miss it."



35 Quote a song lyric that sums up your year

"What do I care how much it may storm? I've got my love to keep me warm."



Happy New Year!!!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Love this list! And especially love #18. That's so fantastic. And your fondant work is most impressive!

Unknown said...

We had that toy house! I miss that toy house! But, I bet it's in Mom and Dad's attic. :) Nice list! I may have to steal it, like I do every year!